It can be challenging to find the right foods to eat while trying to eradicate candida from the body. However if you keep it simple and choose the foods which encourage the proliferation of beneficial bacteria and reduce the harmful bacteria then you should get good results. Please remember that the more diligent you are with your food choices, the better the results will be towards total elimination of Candida and improvement of overall long term health.
DIET TIPS FOR CANDIDA
Foods to avoid
- A diet free of yeast and sugar, these foods feed the bacteria which cause Candida
- Avoid bread, alcohol, yeast spreads and sugar in all its forms (hint – when checking ingredient lists words ending in -ose generally refer to forms of sugar, eg. maltose, lactose, glucose)
- Eliminate fermented foods from your diet such as mushrooms, vinegar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, alcohol, wine, bread and yeasts (including yeast breads)
- Eliminate simple sugars from your diet such as sugar, honey, cakes, breads, chocolate, biscuits and bakery type foods
- Eliminate dairy foods
- Avoid starchy vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, yams, corn, squash except zucchini, beets, peas, parsnips and beans (except green beans). They all contain sugar and can lead to Candida overgrowth
- Avoid condiments as they usually add a lot of sugar and vinegars to the recipe
Share the post "Candida Food Choices"