Candida (intestinal dysbiosis) is caused by an opportunistic microflora which over proliferates in the body when the conditions are right, such as an acidic, damp and sugary environment.
There are four different forms of Candida infections, the one which affects the face is superficial Candidiasis which involves areas of the skin and mucous membranes, including the toes, fingers, nail bed, groin, mouth and vagina. The other forms are more chronic conditions affecting the immune system, lungs, liver, kidneys and brain.
The ecology of the digestive system is a sensitive environment and when it is altered due to eating the wrong foods, excessive consumption of alcohol, sugar and refined foods, anti-biotic use and use of the oral contraceptive pill the delicate balance of beneficial bacteria compared to detrimental bacteria loses equilibrium.
Yeast infections/ Candida is a condition which if not properly addressed can cause other deeper seated complaints in the body.
If you are concerned about over proliferation of this flora then follow a strict anti-Candida diet and this will naturally kill off the candida. It is recommended by most Naturopaths to do a sloughing off diet for at least 2 months.
DIET TIPS FOR CANDIDA
- Increase water intake to flush the kidneys and bowels of wastes and acidity
- Introduce herbal teas to increase your water intake and cleanse the digestion. Teas such as Peppermint, Ginger, Echinacea, Lemongrass and Fennel are ideal
- Begin each day with a small glass of warm water with ½ lemon squeezed into it. Lemon cleanses the bowels, switches on the liver and also helps to alkalise the blood
- Include yoghurt in your diet, to establish good bacterias within your digestive system
- Increase the amount of garlic in your diet as garlic is an antimicrobial due to its sulphur content. Also include ginger and chilli in the diet as these are beneficial to encourage digestion and cleansing. Add Garlic, onion and tumeric in your cooking, for good microbial protection through the whole body
- Have a vegetable juice each day such as carrot, celery, ginger and beetroot
- Include more bitter foods in your diet such as lemon, rocket, endive and beetroot leaves
- Eliminate simple sugars from your diet such as sugar, honey, cakes, breads, chocolate, biscuits and bakery type foods
- Eliminate fermented foods from your diet such as mushrooms, vinegar, apple cider vinegar, alcohol, wine, bread and yeasts
SOME NATURAL ANTI-FUNGAL REMEDIES WHICH CAN BE USED ON THE SKIN.
- Zinc supplementation helps maintain healthy skin and fight infections
- Apply any of the following directly to the problematic area – Calendula, tea tree, lemon myrtle, lemon grass,patchouli, thuja and citronella, olive leaf, colloidal silica, pokeroot, thuja. Make sure to dilute essential oils with oils such as jojoba or olive, or water. Essential oils in their pure form can be very strong and may cause irritation if used at full strength
- Propolis can rubbed on the skin or taken internally, but caution is needed with those who have Bee and pollen allergies
- A mixture of lemon juice, olive oil and garlic can also be rubbed on your skin
- Some herbs which help to kill and expel the overgrowth of bacteria from the digestive tract are Pau D’arco, Wormwood, Dandelion, Rhubarb, Black Cumin, Oregon Grape, Bitter Orange, Cloves, Garlic, Thuja, Gentian, Neem, Golden Seal, Garlic, Thuja, Rhubarb, Black Walnut, Olive leaf, Echinacea, Agrimony and Barberry
- Probiotics may help to rebalance the flora of the bowels. Many conditions of Candida are directly contributed to the wrong bacteria being housed in the bowels, by taking an acidophilius supplement such as this it helps to recorrect this imbalance and reduce symptoms such as bloating, thrush and constipation.
- Spirulina is a blood cleanser and also an alkaliser to re-establish proper pH levels which causes the bacteria to die off
LIFESTYLE FACTORS FOR CANDIDA
- Support liver, digestion and detoxification processes
- Avoid alcohol
- Manage stress
Share the post "Facial Candida"