There are some underlying conditions which may cause a fungal infection to occur. It may be helpful to investigate whether the fungal foot infection is caused by a superficial candida complaint (intestinal dysbiosis).
Candida infections are caused by an opportunistic microflora which over proliferates in the body when the conditions are right. Some situations where it will breed are an acidic, damp and sugary environment. This overgrowth of bacteria may present in the bowels and digestion or on the skin as a fungal infection.
The following is a list of anti-fungal herbs which can be applied:
- Tea tree
- Lemon myrtle
- Lemon grass
- Olive leaf
- Colloidal silica
- Poke root
- Oregon grape root
You may add any of these herbs to a base oil solution of Wheatgerm or Avocado oil. Add it to a bowl of warmed water and soak the affected area for relief of itching.
Diet suggestions for fungal foot infections
- Include fermented foods in your diet to establish good bacteria within your digestive system. Or consider taking a probiotic supplement to establish a good microflora environment to ward off detrimental bacteria which contributes to this condition
- Add Garlic and onion in your cooking, for good microbial protection through the whole body
- Eliminate foods which encourage the growth of Candida/ yeast such as sugar, dairy, wheat, yeasts, alcohol, moulds and mushrooms
- Plenty of water, fresh fruits and veges to alkalise the blood, change the pH of the blood and encourage alkalinity to discourage the bacteria which thrives on acidic blood
- Begin each day with a glass of lemon juice in a glass of warm water every morning to cleanse the body
- Alternatively use apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice taken before meals. You can even rub this on your skin for great results and temporary relief from the itch associated with this skin condition
- A mixture of lemon juice, olive oil and garlic can also be added to warmed water and you can soak the affected area
Lifestyle factors for a fungal foot infection
- Practicing good hygiene is imperative to reduce the risk of further infection or transfer of infection to others
- Address underlying Candida issues
Natural remedies for a fungal foot infection
- Zinc supplementation helps maintain healthy skin and fight infections. Improve your anti-oxidant status by increasing Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, Selenium which may all improve the overall health of the immune system and reduce inflammation
- Take a herbal supplement which contains natural potent anti-fungal herbs such as Pau D’arco, Wormwood, Rhubarb, Picorrhiza, Garlic, Oregon Grape Root, Olive leaf, Thuja, Barberry, Black Walnut, Cloves, Myrrh, Neem and Oregano
Share the post "Fungal Foot Infection"