Sadly prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. It is strongly recommended to seek the advice from a Healthcare practitioner in regards to cancer and how best to address it. Cancerous conditions require continual support, counselling and recommendations from these practitioners are imperative in order for the best prognosis of reproductive cancer, your fathers wellbeing and emotional stability.
DIET TIPS FOR CANCER
There is a lot of differing information as to which foods have an effect on helping to reduce cancer, however it is strongly agreed upon that we are what we eat and that cancer is a disease produced by mankind (pollution, lifestyle, diet). Dietary factors are known to cause cancer and therefore a change in the foods we eat can go a long way to helping the body to heal itself and discard negative cancer cells.
- Soy (tofu, tempeh, soy milk) contains a compound called genistein. Soy has many health benefits as seen in studies that show that populations which consume a typical Asian diet (commonly high in soy products), have lower incidences of reproductive, breast, prostate and colon cancers. Genistein has been shown to inhibit cancer cells and block the growth and proliferation of them, it is also a powerful anti-oxidant and is also considered protective against the formation of cancer.
- Sprouts are an important inclusion in the diet as they help to alkalise the blood. Cancer cells reproduce if given the correct acidic environment, changing the pH of the blood means that the cancer can not survive and proliferate as effectively and will naturally be reduced. A pH level of 7 is balanced/ neutral/ ideal. Other foods which help to alkalise the blood are Chlorophyll (green leafy vegetables, grapes, purified water, wheatgrass juice, vegetable juices, Barley grass juice, fish, nuts and seeds).
- Green tea (polyphenols) is a strong antioxidant, antiproliferative and anti carcinogenic
- Apricot kernels may help to reduce the metastasis of cancer cells
- Garlic is important due to its antioxidant effects, it also contains sulphur a mineral important for blood cleansing and liver detoxification and contains compounds that stimulate the immune system to fight cancer cells
- Shitake and Reishi mushrooms are an ancient Japanese treatment against cancers as they are strong immune boosters, antioxidants and are anticarcinogenic in action
- Tumeric powder is an effective antiproliferant against a range of cancers
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E rich foods to promote the recirculation of antioxidants in the body and reduce the ability of cancer cells to reproduce
- Eat plenty of nutrient rich vegetables which act as blood cleansers and alkalisers such as Broccoli, spinach, avocadoes, tomatoes, carrots, onions and beetroot
- Reduce foods which place a strain on the immune system such as dairy foods, sugar and alcohol
- Pommegranate juice has been known to reduce the proliferation of prostate cancer cells.
- Tomatoes (tomato paste, tomato juice, tomato sauce, tomatoes) contain Lycopene which is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory with a particular affiliation to the prostate gland
- Figs are a food which by the philosophy of the Doctrine of Signatures has a special affiliation for the health of the male reproductive organs. Scientifically, however they contain a nutrient called benzaldehyde which has shown cancer shrinking abilities
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussel sprouts) offer nutrients to improve liver function, immunity and contains antioxidants and exhibits anti-cancer properties
Share the post "Prostatic Cancer"