Dental surgery and tooth extraction is an area of concern in regardsto bacterial infection, if bacteria enters the tooth canal it can causefurther complications and the risk of more procedures. It is thereforerecommended to take the prescription and then do all that you can toensure optimal health both before and after the surgery. Taking a course of antibiotics can greatly reduce our overall health and recovery period, this is largely due to antibiotics effect on eliminating both the good and bad bacteria in our bodies. However all pharmaceuticals can have a time and a place and in this instance I would recommend the use of the antibiotic.
DIET TIPS FOR PRE AND POST SURGERY CARE
- Garlic is a food which has specific antibiotic qualities and may help to improve the health of the mouth and gums as well as providing the mineral sulphur which will support immunity
- Ensure adequate hydration both before and after treatment
- Add some Manuka honey to a warm glass of lemon water. Manuka honey has potent antibacterial effects
LIFESTYLE FACTORS FOR PRE AND POST SURGERY CARE
- Get plenty of rest so that the body recovers completely
- Support liver function and gut health, especially if you require anaesthesia for surgery
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR PRE AND POST SURGERY CARE
- Homeopathic Arnica which may help to decrease the amount of inflammation and swelling he experiences. Arnica is a herb which has been used to help healing after surgery and to reduce the risk of infection.
- Green barley powder helps to cleanse the blood, alkalise the system, detox the liver and provide anti-oxidants to restore health
- Vitamin C and bioflavinoids combined with Colloidal silver, echinacea, calendula or olive leaf extract and swish it around the mouth before swallowing it. The Vitamin C and bioflavinoids may help to reduce swelling and inflammation while the herbs are specifically anti-bacterial to promote health in the mouth
- A strong probiotic is needed to encourage the proliferation of healthy bacteria back into the body. This can be taken before and after the antibiotic course for at least 3-4 weeks
- Liver herbs such as St Marys, Dandelion, Burdock, Golden Seal and/ or Bupleurum are beneficial for detoxifying anaesthesia and wastes from the body post-surgery. Encouraging a healthy functioning liver is an important part of removing wastes from the body, cleansing the blood and restoring health after a course of antibiotics
- Immune trophorestoratives such as Astragalus, Siberian Ginseng, Licorice, Barberry, Garlic, Golden Seal and Atractylodes may help in the convalescent stage of healing
Share the post "Dental Surgery"