A inner ear infection (otitis interna) may cause vomiting, loss of balance or vertigo (dizziness) and may be caused by a bacterial infection. The infection may produce pain and inflammation, heat, swelling, itchiness and the production of waste material (congestion) which may cause obstruction and temporary loss of hearing.
INNER EAR INFECTIONS AND EAR CANDLING
Ear candling is a natural, non-intrusive procedure and an effective therapy for ear complaints of reoccurring ear infections, glue ear, chronic headaches, allergies, vertigo, excess ear wax build up, sinusitis, congestive Eustachian tube. It is possible that you can do the ear candling yourself, however it is easier if you have the assistance of a friend, it is also safer to have someone present. The effect the ear candles have on the ear canal is due to as the candle burns it creates a gentle vacuum drawing effect and also massages the ear canal via small vibrations to loosen wax through osmosis. The candle smoke draws wastes out also from behind the ear drum and it collects in the unburned part of the candle.
DIET TIPS FOR EAR INFECTIONS
- Reduce lymphatic congestive foods, especially dairy foods from the diet
- Reduce dairy foods as these contribute to the lymphatic congestion associated with chronic sinusitis
- Increase water intake (at least 2 litres/ day). Include herbal teas also such as Marshmallow, Echinacea, Ginger, Lemon, Elecampagne, Licorice and Rosehip and Fenugreek
- Begin each day with a warm lemon juice drink. Squeeze half a lemon in about 200mls of warm water, you may even like to add a teaspoon of Manuka Honey and grated ginger to this
- Increase sulphur rich foods in your diet such as onions and garlic as these help to break down congestion. Also increase Chilli, Horseradish and Turmeric as these are also anti-inflammatory in action and will help to break down congestion also
- Reduce acid forming foods such as dairy, wheat, sugar, alcohol, red meats, preserved and processed foods and deep fried foods and increase alkalising foods such as water, lemon juice, brown rice, miso soup, vegetable juices, vegetable and barley soup, plenty of fruits and vegetables, fish, grains and sprouts
- Have a vegetable juice each day such as carrot, tomato, celery, ginger and beetroot. Or fruit juices which contain Pineapple (Bromelain)
LIFESTYLE FACTORS FOR EAR INFECTIONS
- Stay out of cold and windy temperatures and reduce dampness by keeping the ear dry. Swimming in the ocean (salt water) has been known to help clear congestion in the ear canal
- Address any allergies which may contribute to congestion and waste production. Speak to your Healthcare professional regarding allergy testing to determine the triggers, common allergens are dairy, wheat, oranges, gluten and bee products
- Steam inhalations help to reduce congestion in the airways. In a large bowl almost fill it with boiling water and add drops of pure essential oils such as Eucalyptus, Wintergreen, Tea Tree or Cajuput in the water, put a towel over your head and lean into the bowl. Inhale the vapours for about ten minutes, do this process three times
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR EAR INFECTIONS
- Ear drops made from Mullein, Golden Seal and Garlic and dropped into the ear canal may help to break down congestion, provide anti-inflammatory relief and has an anti-biotic effect
- Herbs which can assist to reduce inflammation, infection, provide anti-bacterial support and improve immunity are Echinacea, Olive leaf extract, Sage, Garlic, Golden Seal, Andrographis, Ginger, Fenugreek, Rosehip, Forsythia, Licorice and Thyme
- Colloidal silver diluted in water and dropped into the ear canal and taken internally may help to provide antibacterial and anti-inflammatory support
- Cod liver oil is high in Vitamins A & D which have an anti-inflammatory effect on the mucous membranes, rebuild immunity and reduce inflammation
- Vitamin C and bioflavinoid (Quercetin) may be beneficial for not only increasing immunity but also reducing inflammation and the sensitivity of the immune cells and mucus membranes which contribute to mucus congestion and allergic responses
- Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory
Share the post "Inner Ear Infection"