A delicious and nutritious, warming vegetable broth. Just the thing to satisfy the Autumn craving for sustaining and mineral rich foods. The ingredients support the opening of the lungs by providing warmth; and the gut healing properties will ensure that you don’t get the Winter coughs and colds this year. Have a warm broth for morning tea each day to help ground you and keep the Agni (digestion) simmering.
- Water 12 cups
- Coconut Oil 1 tbsp
- Red Onion quartered, with the skin left on1
- Fresh Turmeric, roughly chopped1 knob
- Fresh Ginger roughly chopped1 knob
- Garlic, roughly chopped2 cloves
- Chilli, roughly chopped1
- Fresh Kale or Spinach leaves, roughly chopped8 leaves
- Shitake Mushrooms, roughly chopped1/2 cup
- Wakame Seaweed 1/4 cup
- Peppercorns 1 tbsp
- Himalayan Salt 2 pinches
- Coconut Aminos 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast 1/4 cup
- Parsley, roughly chopped1 bunch
- Coriander, roughly chopped1 bunch
- Add all ingredients to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer, with the lid on for about an hour.
- Once everything has been cooked down, strain the liquid into a large bowl.
- Serve with some fresh herbs. It freezes well, so you can use it when needed.
Share the post "Vegetable Broth Recipe"