Making nut milk at home is easy and economical. Nut milk can be as creamy as cows milk and having it on hand to add to smoothies, porridge, muesli and hot drinks can make you feel like your household is wining! Try a blend of nuts and add some oats for a creamier version!
- 1 cup raw almonds or oats (soaked overnight)
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 whole pitted dates or 1 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth (1-2 minutes)
- strain using a nut milk bag (available in health food stores)
- squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted
- discard pulp, or save for adding to baked goods
- transfer milk to a jar or covered bottle and refrigerate
- will keep for up to 4-5 days, shake well before drinking
Share the post "Homemade Nut Milk Recipe"