Chai is one of the world’s oldest tea-based drinks. It originated in India thousands of years ago, and has spread throughout the world over the past two centuries. Here is a caffeine free version which will make you feel alive!
- 7 cups water
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 10 cloves
- 4 star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp black or rooibos tea
- 1 cup nut or oat milk
- combine water & spices together in a pot
- cover and boil for 20 minutes
- remove pot from heat, add black tea leaves or rooibos and allow to steep for 10 minutes
- stir milk into tea mixture and bring to a boil; strain tea into tea cups
Share the post "Spicy Chai Tea"