Staphylococcus aureus is also known as Golden Staph and it is the primary species of Staphylococci, a detrimental bacteria. This bacterium frequently lives on the skin and is the most common cause of staph infections.
Staphylococcus aureus can cause a range of illnesses from minor skin infections, such as pimples, impetigo, boils, cellulitis folliculitis, furuncles, carbuncles, scalded skin syndrome and abscesses, to life-threatening diseases, such as pneumonia, meningitis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis and septicemia. Its incidence is from skin, soft tissue, respiratory, bone, joint, endovascular to wound infections. It is still one of the four most common causes of nosocomial infections, often causing postsurgical wound infections.
DIET TIPS FOR GOLDEN STAPH INFECTION
- Staph bacteria thrive on an acid environment. It can be very beneficial to reduce acid forming foods in the diet. See the following document for a list of acid and alkaline food sources
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR GOLDEN STAPH INFECTION
- Colloidal silver, taken internally and applied topically is a highly effective way to increase immunity, it is also an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and it is often use to treat Golden Staph infections
- Golden Seal is a herb that contains a compound called Berberines which are effective against killing off the bacteria associated with Golden Staph infections and to also help wounds to heal
- Tea Tree oil applied topically to help disinfect the wound, it is also a potent anti-bacterial which will help to stop the detrimental bacteria to spread further
- Make a poultice out of cabbage leaves and slippery elm powder (which is available from health food stores). Mix the two together in a blender until it resembles a mash and apply it topically to the infected area. This will help to draw out the excessive discharge and also regenerate and heal the wound
- Probiotics may help to improve your immunity and will also ensure that you have plenty of healthy good bacteria which will help to slough off the ones causing the pus and infection
- A manuka honey poultice is a great immune substance which can effectively suppress the bacteria and will also help the wound to heal
- Other herbs which have been known to inhibit or kill the bacteria are: Aloe vera, Echinacea, Ginger, Holy Basil, Meadowsweet, Neem and Olive Leaf
- Zinc is a mineral which is essential for wound healing to reduce infection and inflammation of the skin
Share the post "Golden Staph"