Bircher muesli (countable and uncountable, plural Bircher mueslis) A breakfast dish originally consisting of rolled oats mixed with apples, nuts, lemon juice, cream and honey. Here is a different and highly satisfying version for a great start to the day!
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon raisins or dried berries
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 medium apple, preferably organic
- Chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired
- Mason jars
- In a jar or bowl, combine the oats, raisins, cinnamon, nut butter and applesauce. Stir to combine, add the milk & stir
- Grate half of the apple, then stir the grated apple into the oatmeal (if you’re making multiple jars, use 1 grated apple for 2 jars, and so on).
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- When you’re ready to serve, chop the remaining ½ apple into matchsticks. Top the oatmeal with the fresh apple, a splash of milk and/or a drizzle of honey (both optional). Enjoy chilled.
Share the post "Bircher Muesli Recipe"