Dandelion roots have a rich, coffee- and chocolate-like flavour without sending you on a caffeine-fuelled rollercoaster. Instead, you get a sustained shot of balanced energy and a rich source of antioxidants. Making your own at home is highly satisfying!
- 5 tsp dried roasted dandelion root
- 2 cups water & 2 cups nut or oat milk
- optional additions – 1 cinnamon stick and/ or 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger, 1 tsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp vanilla extract to taste, sweetener to taste (honey)
- can also be enjoyed black with a small wedge of lemon
- place a medium pot over medium heat and place the dried dandelion root in the bottom
- toast the root until it becomes fragrant and golden brown, then add the water and additional flavorings (if using)
- bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 30-45 minutes adding the milk a few minutes before serving
- strain and add sweetner
Share the post "Dandelion Latte Recipe"