Miso soup can be the ultimate comfort food when it is cold outside. It is a fermented food which benefits the gut by providing healthy bacteria to promote immunity/ gut bacteria and digestion. Adding greens and other vegetables to the soup is a delightful way to good health using food as medicine. Add some crispy salmon or tempeh for a more nourishing version too!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 sheet nori (cut into large rectangles)
- 3-4 Tbsp white or yellow miso paste
- 1/2 cup chopped green chard or other greens
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup firm tofu (cubed) or crispy salmon
- shallots (garnish)
- black and/ or white sesame seeds
- cooked udon noodles (optional)
- Place vegetable broth in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer
- In the meantime, place miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth, set aside
- To the broth add chard, green onion, and tofu (if using) and cook for 5 minutes. Then add nori
- Remove from heat, add miso mixture, and stir to combine. Add grilled crispy salmon and noodles
- Taste and add more miso if desired
Share the post "Miso Soup Recipe"