Knowing your body well and keeping it in prime form is an important aspect of overall health. Often we compromise so much in our busy days and months and years can pass before we realise that we have strayed from our beliefs and health ideals.
So I want to know how many of these are your daily non-negotiable?
1. Exercise daily – before the invention of machines and technology our days were spent active (hunting, gathering), consequently we now move far less than we use to. Do you keep up with your daily workouts, and try to fit in as much incidental exercise as possible – walking to the shops, cycling to work and standing to use your computer (but make sure your posture/alignment is on point)?
2. Fix your posture and flexibility – do you maintain a stretching or yoga regime to keep your body well oiled and pliable?
3. Proper self care – this is not a selfish act, it is creating a healthy relationship with yourself. This is serious health care practices to promote nourish and nurture to your body. Making time to have a massage, take a bath, read, spend time alone and truly nurture your solo self is imperative for health, especially mental health and stress relief.
4. Re-learn how to breathe – the RIGHT way. The most fundamental human practice has become problematic. We’ve forgotten how to breathe! The way you breathe has implications for your posture, your stress levels, your digestion, your mental state and focus.
5. Filter your water – by now, you’ve heard the news: tap water is crap water. A cocktail of wacky chemicals and potential pathogens, it’s a modern must to hydrate healthily with pure, clean, filtered water.
6. Get 10 minutes of sunlight every day – don’t be fooled – the best way to get a good boost of Vitamin D it is STILL the sun. Enjoy 10 minutes of midday sun on as much exposed skin as possible.
7. Boost your nutrition – a simple way to improve your nutrition is buy taking a daily functional food powder, supplementing with high quality essential fatty acids and using soups, smoothies and broths to enhance your nutritional intake. Always searching for better ways to improve your diet is also essential if you want a healthy future.
8. A clean and uncluttered living space – your home, office, and car speaks volumes of your mental, emotional and physical health. Clutter is negative energy and will stop the flow of abundance into your life. Regardless of how big or small, you deserve to enter into a space that fills you up and gives you peace of mind.
9. Associating with positive people – the company that you keep has a direct affect on how what you think and what you do. Remember that your space is sacred and who you allow into your space is crucial to your happiness and success. This includes your values and morals, don’t compromise these in the face of adversity. What matters the most to you? Love, joy, compassion, relationships? When you are clear on what you value and you live your life according to those values you are…unshakeable.
10. Having fun as a non-negotiable – do you add pressure and responsibility to your day without taking time to laugh at the small humours of life. Research shows that those people that laugh out loud experience less cardiovascular complications!