Have you been outside today?
Biophilia is a way humans can connect with themselves through nature. It is that mesmerising shift we feel when we walk through a fresh rainforest or soak our feet in the healing water of the ocean. Connection with the earth we walk on is an important aspect of our own balance, it creates a calm and nurtured human being.
Here are 6 benefits of exercising outdoors:
- fresh air has more oxygen
- Greenscapes raise serotonin levels
- Triggers primal regions of our brain and psyche
- More sensory stimulation
- Increases feelings of well-being and lowers depression
- Sun exposure increases vitamin D levels and helps to optimise hormones
What are some ways you can get out and about in the fresh vitalising air and get some vitamin D through the skin?
- stand up paddle boarding
- nature run
- watch the sunrise/ sunset
- surfing or water activities
- bike riding
Share the post "Biophilia"